Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tool # 5

This is an example of an animoto slideshow to introduce myself to the students the first day of school. I used Animoto and embedded it into my blog.
Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

The second tool I used was Wordle and I created an example I could use when introducing Multiple Intelligences next week It is shown on this blog.



Animoto could be used for various uses. I used it to introduce myself to the class. Students could use Animoto for the same thing to replace "bring 5 items in a brown lunchbag to share about yourself" that we have done in the past.
It could be used in a small group to introduce the student's working style, strengths they are bringing to the group, etc.
A Wordle can be used as a cover to a slideshow or as an example of character traits to share with a book club. It can also be used for a math unit where the wordle is created of words or synonyms to describe a math concept, i.e. the student could make a list of geometric terms that we have explored to share
what they have learned or to be used as a review document.

No comments:

Post a Comment